- Policies & Procedures During COVID-19
Outdoor Recreation is now offering all rental equipment.
- Personal use rentals (tents, coolers, bikes) can be reserved by paying over the phone to expedite the pick up process.
- Unit function rentals (canopies, fest sets, chairs) should be reserved in advance.
- For inflatables, the following is required:
Renter is responsible for maintaining a roster to track users and contact
info in the event it is needed for tracing purposes.
Renter should provide hand washing options.
Keep in mind parental supervision and distance between users.
Call ODR to check for availability and reservations.
Dig permit for on post use is the responsibility of the renter.
Customer may pick up or reserve for delivery on USAG Stuttgart
Credit card transactions only. No cash.
Only 5 customer allowed inside the facility at one time.
Customers are required to wear mask inside the facility.
- Cancellation Policy
Adventure program activities cancellation policy:
• Registration deadline: seven (7) days prior to event.
• Cancellations allowed 48 hours before registration deadline.
• Cancellations after the 48 hours prior to the deadline will not be refunded.
- Warrior Adventure Quest & Educational Adventure Program
The Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ) is a fully funded resiliency training program for any USAG Stuttgart Army Unit. It is designed to strengthen Soldier resiliency, build unit cohesion mitigate high risk behaviors and increase unit morale.
Join us for:
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Warrior Adventure Quests (WAQ) includes:
- White-water rafting
- Scuba diving
- and more!
Educational Adventure Program - Look for our special offerings of educational programs. Small group programs to build your skills and be prepared for your next adventure. Contact ODR for private bookings for Scout Troops and small functions.
- 7 Principles of "leave no trace"
- Intro to camp cooking
- 10 Essentials and pre trip planning
- Indoor rock climbing belay class
- Intro to klettersteig
- Snow shoeing
- Intro to water skiing and wakeboarding
- Fundamentals of canoeing
Check out MWR Tours for more adventure trips.
- Bike Rentals
Seasonal bike rental specials for only $229! Any 3 month period starting in April until Sep 2020!
Do it Yourself (DIY) bike rental repair stations are here:
- Kelley Outdoor Recreation
- Panzer Fitness Center
- Patch Car Wash
Bike Type Weekend Week Daily Monthly
Mountain or Touring
$46 $99 $23 $129
- Includes bike helmet and lock
- Bike rental limited to one month maximum (exception only for seasonal rental periods!)
- Bike must be returned clean or a cleaning fee equal to one days rental will be assessed
- Weekend rental is Friday - Monday
- Week rental is 7 calendar days
- Month rental is for month block (no refund for early returns).
- Additional days can be added to weekend, week, and monthly rentals.
- Bike rentals may be reserved one week in advance.
- Bike rental reservations must be cancelled at least three working days prior to pick up to be eligible for a refund. Reservations cancelled two working days or less (or 'no show') will forfeit rental fee.
- No refund for rentals in the event of non-use.
Customers liable for lost, damaged, or destroyed equipment.
Please contact the Outdoor Recreation Center for local bike shop contacts that can provide bike repair services.
- Rental Equipment
- Call Outdoor Recreation today and schedule an appointment to pickup your equipment rentals.
- Ski/Snowboard Rental & Tuning/Repair Services
Checkout the Ski/Snowboard COVID-19 fitting regulations
- All ski/snowboard packages include a helmet while supplies last
- Weekend, Week, and Seasonal ski/snowboard rentals begin on Monday 1 October.
- All individuals wishing to rent ski/board equipment should be present for fittings. In the event that a person is not present for fitting, Outdoor Recreation cannot be held responsible for improper sizing. If re-sizing is required, a fee may be assessed. Groups or families can be fitted separately, if needed.
- Weekend rentals: Pickup on Friday and return on Tuesday.
- Week rentals are for 7 calendar days.
- Ski Package includes skis, boots, poles, and helmet.
- Snowboard Package includes board, bindings, boots, and helmet.
- No reservations or prior fittings for ski or snowboard equipment available.
- No refunds for equipment in the event of non-use.
- No equipment may be picked up or dropped outside regular operating hours.
- All equipment must be returned clean and dry by close of business on due date.
- Equipment dropped off dirty or damaged will be assessed additional fees.
- Lost, damaged, or stolen equipment is responsibility of person renting said equipment and must be replaced or reimbursed. Stolen equipment must be reported to the Military Police.
- Customers will be held liable for damaged or destroyed equipment.
- Hunting, Fishing & Sport Shooting Program
There are many wonderful opportunities for US Forces personnel to go hunting and fishing in Germany. Hunters may seek game including Red Deer, Roe Deer, Wild Boar and Chamois. Fishers will find several different trout, catfish and pike along with many other fish in the waters of Germany and other European countries.
The German government allows US IMCOM-Europe and US Air Force Europe (USAFE) to conduct courses that allow US Forces personnel to gain foreigner's hunting and fishing licenses in Germany. Volunteer US Forces personnel instruct these courses in English at IMCOM-Europe Rod & Gun Clubs. Refer to Class listing or call Outdoor Recreation for detailed information.
The main emphasis of our hunting and fishing courses is to learn German laws and traditions that are a bit different from the ways of hunting and fishing in the states. However, the training in safety, game identification and overall procedures provides hunters and fishers with knowledge and abilities to become more well-rounded in the outdoors than ever before.
After gaining certification, US Forces personnel may obtain German Hunting/Fishing licenses and join in hunting and fishing traditions that go back several hundred years, as well as becoming eligible for our hunting and fishing instructor program.
- Course is offered twice a year (Spring and Fall).
- Meetings during the 3 months will take place Tuesday and Thursday for class and Wednesday and Saturday for shooting.
- $250 course + membership fee.
- Must be 18 years old or older to sign up.
- Contact ODR for next available class dates.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What equipment is available for rental?
Summer rental equipment includes inflatables (bouncy houses), dunking booth, canopies, grills, games, bikes, tents, lantern, stoves, backpacks, coolers, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, chairs, fest tables and benches. Winter equipment includes ski equipment (skis, boots, poles, helmets), snowboard equipment (boards, boots, & helmets), and snowshoes.
2. What are the rates for equipment rental?
Rental rates vary depending on equipment rental and duration of rental period. Please see menu options on this page for specifics.
3. How do I sign up for a trip or tour?
Registration and payment can be completed by visiting our Outdoor Recreation Center or by calling us during regular business hours.
4. Where can I get my bike repaired?
Unfortunately Outdoor Recreation is not able to perform maintenance at this time. Please contact us for references to local bike shops.
5. Who is eligible to go on Outdoor Recreation tours/events?
Authorized US ID cardholders and their bonafide guests, except for local nationals.
6. How can I see upcoming trips for the next six months?
Check our webpage event listing or go to the calendar view.
7. How do I reserve a pavilion/canopy?
Outdoor Recreation only reserves canopies, not pavilions. Pavilions are property of the housing areas and their coordinators.
8. How early should I reserve equipment?
Reservations depend on equipment requested. For special event equipment reservations can be made up to three months in advance. Camping equipment can be reserved one week in advance. There are no reservations or prior fittings for ski and snowboard equipment.
9. How early should I register for a trip or tour?
We advise patrons to register as soon as possible for trips and tours as we have limited spaces. To secure a trip or tour reservation you must pay in full for event. Payments can be made in person or by calling us.
10. Where can I find local campground information?
ADAC provides information of all registered campsites in Europe. One can also do web site search for a specific location. Contact our office and we will be willing to assist you.
11. Do you offer lessons (skiing, snowboarding, canoeing/kayaking)?
12. If a trip is cancelled for any reason, will I get refunded/will the trip be rescheduled?
Full refund is granted only if ODR cancels the trip.
Please see "Policies & Procedures During COVID-19" section for details.
Military DSN (314)596-4291
Hours:Monday11:00am-7:00pmTuesday11:00am-7:00pmWednesday11:00am-7:00pmThursday11:00am-7:00pmFriday11:00am-7:00pmSaturdayClosedSundayClosedTraining Holidays11:00am-7:00pmU.S. HolidaysClosedNov. 279:00am-5:00pm
On Belay - Intro to Climbing
Climb to new heights with ODR.Dec 1 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
On Belay - Intro to Climbing
Climb to new heights with ODR.Dec 1 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm