- Private Organizations
POs are self-sustaining, non-Federal entities that operate on installations only with the written consent of an authorized approval authority. The membership may determine specific functions and expenditures in compliance with governing regulations.
POs are not official organizations of the U.S. Government and are not entitled to any privileges granted to non-appropriated fund activities. Neither DA nor IMCOM-Europe or USAG Stuttgart will assume any liability for PO actions and/or debts. Members may be held personally liable in accordance to applicable host nation laws. DoD personnel acting in an official capacity may neither influence nor require any PO to support specific activities.
Neither soldiers nor civilian employees will be assigned to work for POs as an official duty. PO members act exclusively outside the scope of any official position they occupy in the U.S. Government or its instrumentalities. POs may neither duplicate nor compete with any Army or non-appropriated fund programs.
The operation of a PO primarily as a business venture solely to obtain savings by group purchases, or to increase the wealth of the PO or its members is not permitted except for authorized investment clubs.
Below are helpful links to assist previously established PO’s as well as new up-and-coming PO’s.
- Garrison Policy Letter #32 - Private Organizations
- Sample Letter Requesting Approval to Operate as a PO
- Sample Bi-Annual Renewal Request
- Sample Letter Requesting Use of a Facility
- Sample Letter Requesting Approval to Conduct a Fundraiser
- Sample After Action Report (AAR)
- Sample Constitution
- Sample by Laws
- License to Use Army Facilities
- Private Organization Handbook
- Private Organization Training and Forum Slides
- Late Waiver
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|