- Extracurricular Instructional Classes
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children 3 to 18 years of age
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth:
- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (New students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first paid basis.
Children and Youth that are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
* Available at select communities
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What SKIES Unlimited classes are offered?
Class offerings change as we obtain instructors with different disciplines. Current offerings include Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, recreational gymnastics and tumbling, German language, guitar, bass, drums, piano, Music Together, Irish step, soccer training, swim, horseback riding, dance production theater, ballet, and tennis.
2. When does registration start and end?
Registration is usually conducted in two-month blocks: priority registration, which is done bi-monthly for current students, is always the first Wednesday of the month, and general registration, which is always the second Wednesday of the month. Registration continues until classes are full. Individual music instruction fees are added to the household, and are due by the first lesson of the month. The bi-monthly registration months for group classes are Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., and Dec.
3. Where can I find a calendar of field trips?
SKIES Unlimited calendars are sent to all the on-post schools and CYS Centers. All classes, to include field trips, are listed on the MWR Online or Army WebTrac site: http://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/webtrac/stuttgartcyms.html.
4. How do you know if the spots are filled?
WebTrac will indicate if the class is full; the “# ratio” button by each class listing indicates how many are enrolled in the class.
5. Is there a waiting list form?
For individual music classes, all children and youth are put on a waitlist by base preference which is maintained electronically. Students are placed by the order in which they entered the waitlist (unless they are not flexible with the time slot that is offered or they want to be placed back-to-back with a sibling). All students can be placed on a waitlist via an office visit to Parent Central Services or via telephone.
6. Does the program cost anything?
All SKIES Unlimited programs have a fee with the exception of a one-time special event or introductory class.
7. What is the fee schedule?
Classes are broken down by the total number of instruction hours. Group classes are billed for two months at a time and individual music fees are billed monthly.
8. Do you have to live on base to use the program?
9. What makes a child eligible for SKIES Unlimited?
Any child/youth that is registered with Child, Youth and School Services through Parent Central Services is eligible to enroll in SKIES Unlimited programs.
10. How do I register my child with CYS Services?
You can register your child with CYS Services at the Parent Central Services office located on Patch Barracks in Building 2347 on the second floor any weekday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Parent Central Services is closed on Federal Holidays. You can also call to make an appointment at DSN 596-7480 or CIV 09641-70-596-7480.
11. How will I be notified if a class/sport cancelled and/or was called for weather?
Parents are notified via e-mail (with the e-mail address given to us at the time of registration), and when possible, via telephone.
12. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
Potential volunteers meet with SKIES Unlimited IPS and a determination is made if the proper space and a community need warrants the instruction. Volunteers must go through background checks to be vetted to work with children.
13. How can you become a contracted instructor?
To become a contracted instructor, you meet with SKIES Unlimited IPS and a determination is made if the proposed instruction/classes are warranted based on community interest. Space suitability is determined and a prospective instructor must met eligibility requirements to instruct.
Instructional Programs - SKIESUnlimited
More Child & Youth Services
CYS Europe Recruitment Fair
Start your CYS Career Today! Apply online or in-person.
Winter Sports Registration
Get out and play!
2021 Swabian-American Biergarten
All Tickets available for sale including Table Tickets! Join USAG Stuttgart MWR for a three-day celebration of friendship and tradition at the 2021 Swabian-American Biergarten event on Panzer Kaserne Parade Field and surrounding areas.
CYS Babystitter's Training Course
Get trained and get certified