- Policies & Procedures during COVID 19
Safety and sanitation rules:
- Hand sanitizer is available at entrance. We request patrons use station or wash their hands before entering building.
- Sanitation wipes available at the front counter.
- Entrance and Exit signs indicating lines entering and exiting the building.
- Guests will be advised they must keep a distance of 1.5 meters from other guests while in the concourse area.
- All groups will be required to leave contact info in case of contamination incident.
- Face Masks will be worn while in the GBEC. Once in the facility masks are worn while walking within the concourse area, restrooms, at the front bowling counter, and snack bar. (Masks are not required while bowling and eating.)
- All bowling balls and rental shoes will be sanitized before and after use.
- After bowling ends for all bowlers their lanes will be cleaned and area sanitized. This will include bowling balls used, and their shoes. This lane will not be rented out for the next hour after the lane ends. Patrons are asked to leave their bowling balls on the lane after use.
- All employees will wear masks at all times. Gloves will be used when practical.
The following procedures for issue of bowling lanes and payment:
- Hours of operation: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. (Last lane rental will be at 8 p.m.)
- Bowling is offered by "Rent - a - lane" only for open play. Exception is league and tournament play.
- Customers with groups larger than 5 must call to reserve lanes by calling the bowling center. One or two hours of rental available. Maximum rental is two hours. At that time they will be made aware of our policies, and restrictions. At this time they will be made aware of the fact that they will be asked to provide contact info and should place any food orders upon arrival.
- A maximum of 4 people with different household address per lane or two families up to 5 people can rent one lane.
- Payment for lanes and shoe rental will be taken at the front counter before bowling begins. Customers who wish to order food must remember to wear a mask when they step away from their lane. This also includes grabbing a new bowling ball in another area of the facility.
- Every other lane will be used for proper distancing regulations.
- Bowlers will be briefed that lanes will be cut off regardless of the frame they are in at the end of their time. This is due to the 30 minutes required for cleaning and reservation of the next bowling party.
- At the completion of the game, bowlers are to turn in their rental shoes and let the employees know where the bowling balls used are, in order to ensure proper cleaning.
The following rules will be enforced to prevent Viruses from spreading:
- All children must be supervised. There is no running inside the facility. Children must stay with their parents with proper social distancing, failure to do so will result in loss of future privileges.
- Only seating available will be in the concourse area with social distancing restrictions.
- We have eliminated our soda fountain. Cans will be used as a COVID19 measure to eliminate as many paper products as possible.
- If anyone exits the premises for any reason, they will be required to follow entry procedures.
- 24 lanes (currently every other lane available - max. 12 due to COVID-19)
- League play
- GBEC Snack Bar
- Bowling Accessories and Ball Drilling by appointment
- Irish Pub (under renovation until 2021)
- Slot Machines
- Cosmic Bowling (currently not available)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Warrior Zone
- B.O.S.S. Program (Better Opportunities for Single Servicemembers)
- Area 98 Gaming
- Bowling Prices
Due to COVID-19 the regular listed prices per game have changed.
Price is now hourly: price is $20/hour.
Shoe rentals are $2.50.
Discounts and specials do not apply during COVID-19, except USBC valid card holders receive a 50% discount.
- Weekly League Schedule
We are a USBC certified Bowling Center. Certificate No. 81
Please contact the Bowling Center for their seasonal league schedule.
- Irish Pub - Under Renovation
Commercial: +49 (0)7031-15-2575
Found in the Galaxy Bowling & Entertainment Center, the Irish Pub is now under renovation until 2021. Expect to see new changes to the facility itself, as well as a new name in 2021.
- GBEC Snack Bar
The GBEC Snack Bar offers a wide variety of tasty entrees and combo deals including burgers, fries, wraps, chicken fingers, salads, and a full kids menu. Eat in or take out!
Special Delivery Menu for all residents of the Panzer Hotel. Food delivered to your room.
Go to the GBEC Snack Bar page for all menus.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to use the bowling centers?
All US ID card holders and their bonafide guests.
2. Can I rent out the facility for a party or function?
Yes, units or organizations can reserve lanes on a first come, first serve basis.
3. Do you offer league play and tournaments?
Yes, however, please check with staff to see the current leagues and upcoming tournaments.
4. How do I sign-up for a league?
Normal sign ups during the year are as follows:
Fall Bowling Leagues: August-September
Summer Bowling Leagues: April-May
Sign Up sheets are located at the front counter.
5. Do you have any volunteer options?
We do allow for volunteers to assist with custodial duties or giving out bowling shoes; however, volunteers must register through Army Community Service (ACS).
6. Do you have a food menu with prices?
Yes. Our GBEC Snack Bar has a food menu on site with prices.
7. Are there any age restrictions to bowl?
Yes, children under the age of 12 years of age must have an adult with them.
8. Do you have any instructional classes available?
Yes, a certified instructor is available on the premises.
19. Is free Wi-Fi available?
Visit the Galaxy Bowling & Entertainment Center on Panzer Kaserne! The bowling center offers: