- About Us
Army Libraries offer a wide range of services worldwide. As a patron of the libraries, you and your Family have access* to:
- Books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Downloadable content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic, and eMovies
- Online databases for research and homework help
- Computer stations with Internet
- Personalized help with your questions
- Events, classes, and storytimes (currently online or suspended due to COVID-19)
- Summer reading clubs and books discussion groups
- Meeting or study rooms
- Copy and print services
Register for an account at your nearest library, or if you are deployed in a remote location, please see the Army Libraries Web site to learn more about services. After registering, you can use our catalog to manage your account. My Account allows you to renew and request books, access online content, create wish lists, write reviews, and request books while deployed.
* Note: some services may not be available at all locations.
- Largest collection in Europe with more than 80,000 items
- Patron self-checkout
- Downloadable content such as e-books, e-audio books, music, and videos
- Free computer lab with 21 computers, all with limited internet access (personal email sites are blocked) and printing up to 10 pages per day, per patron
- Access to more than 50 subscription databases
- Free WiFi throughout the library
- Large multi-purpose room which can be reserved or is open for homework or group projects
- Reading and work areas throughout the library
- Teen’s area with tables, chairs, and bean bag lounges and an extensive Young Adult collection
Not sure how to download our content to your e-reader? Just stop by or give us a call! We have detailed instructions for all types of e-readers and portable devices. If you are interested in items not currently found on our shelves, we will be happy to locate them for you through the Army Europe Libraries Inter-library Loan program with more than 20 participating libraries in Europe.
Would you rather access our databases from the comfort of your own home? Would you like to place holds and renew your checked out items? If so, ask us about setting up an online account!
- Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in volunteering in our USAG Stuttgart Libraries?
Please visit or email the Patch Library to learn more about our volunteer opportunities.
- Army Europe Libraries
On the U.S. Army Europe Libraries Web site:
- Access databases and download eContent
- Check out books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Request and renew materials with My Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get to the library website?
Clicking on the link for Stuttgart Library located on the left of the page will take you the Stuttgart MWR Library page: https://stuttgart.armymwr.com/program/patch-library.
2. How do I become a library cardholder?
Patrons can sign up for a libary account by coming into the libary front desk.
3. Is there a limit on the number of books that can be checked out at one time?
There is a limit of 25 items per cardholder due to the requirement to quarantine the books.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CD's together?
Yes. All you have to do is log into your online account. The max you can rent is 5 items per account.
5. How long may I check items out for?
- Books, audio books and CD's have a 3 week check out.
- TV series have a 2 week check out.
- Movies and video games have a 1 week check out.
6. Can I order items from other libraries?
Yes. Log into your online account. You can request 5 items at a time per account.
7. What happens if I lose a library item?
Contact the librarian at the owning library to be given a title to purchase as replacement. It will be either a new identical purchased copy or a similar item of equal value. Items must be submitted with the sales receipt.
8. How will I get notified if a libary item is past due?
When registering for your new library account we ask for an e-mail. Our system sends information, whether to inform on an overdue item or the arrival of a requested item. After the fourth notice, the account will be locked. No further notice will be sent, but the item remains on the account until returned.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
All face-to-face programming is currently suspended.
10. Can you download e-books to your phone or tablet?
Yes, an option exists that allows on to set up a 4 digit pin that will allow access to the Army Europe Library online. From there one can download e-books or e-audio to every type of e-reader (i.e.: IPad, Nook, tablets, kindle, and etc.). Pamphlets are available with step-by-step instructions on how to set up an e-reader.
Military DSN (314)596-5232
We bring the Legos, you bring your imagination!
Preschool Story Time at the Library
Storytime at Patch Library helps children build confidence, learn socialization skills, and make new friends! Join us each Wednesday.