- About Us
Army Libraries offer a wide range of services worldwide. As a patron of the libraries, you and your Family have access* to:
- Books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Downloadable content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic, and eMovies
- Online databases for research and homework help
- Computer stations with Internet
- Personalized help with your questions
- Events, classes, and storytimes
- Summer reading clubs and books discussion groups
- Meeting or study rooms
- Copy and print services
Register for an account at your nearest library, or if you are deployed in a remote location, please see the Army Libraries Web site to learn more about services. After registering, you can use our catalog to manage your account. My Account allows you to renew and request books, access online content, create wish lists, write reviews, and request books while deployed.
* Note: some services may not be available at all locations.
- Largest collection in Europe with more than 80,000 items
- Patron self-checkout
- Downloadable content such as e-books, e-audio books, music, and videos
- Free computer lab with 21 computers, all with limited internet access (personal email sites are blocked) and printing up to 10 pages per day, per patron
- Access to more than 50 subscription databases
- Free WiFi throughout the library
- Large multi-purpose room which can be reserved or is open for homework or group projects
- Reading and work areas throughout the library
- Teen’s area with tables, chairs, and bean bag lounges and an extensive Young Adult collection
Not sure how to download our content to your e-reader? Just stop by or give us a call! We have detailed instructions for all types of e-readers and portable devices. If you are interested in items not currently found on our shelves, we will be happy to locate them for you through the Army Europe Libraries Inter-library Loan program with more than 20 participating libraries in Europe.
Would you rather access our databases from the comfort of your own home? Would you like to place holds and renew your checked out items? If so, ask us about setting up an online account!
- Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in volunteering in our USAG Stuttgart Libraries?
Please visit the Patch Library to learn more about our volunteer opportunities, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Army Europe Libraries
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get to the library website?
The library website can be accessed by clicking on the facilities & programs icon on the Stuttgart Family and MWR website and locating Patch Library, then scroll down to the Army Europe Library tab.
2. How do I become a library cardholder?
Visit us and present your DOD I.D. and complete our patron registration form.
3. Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
There is no limit on books, CD’s, or audio books. There is a 10 movie limit per I.D. cardholder and a limit of 2 video games per I.D. cardholder.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CD’s together?
5. How long may I check items out for?
Books, audio books, and CD’s have a 3 week check out.
TV series have a 2 week check out.
Movies and video gameshave a 1 week check out.
6. Can I order items from other libraries?
Yes, you can order items from any other Army Library throughout Europe.
7. What happens if I lose a library item?
The replacement policy states that if an item either comes back damaged beyond something that the library can fix, or an item gets lost, the patron is responsible for replacing that item with the same item in new condition (It cannot be used material). If the patron cannot find that same item to replace, then we ask that the patron speak to the library staff who can inform the patron what they can replace the lost/damaged item with.
8. How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
When registering for your new library account we ask for an e-mail. Our system sends information, whether to inform on an overdue item or the arrival of a requested item. After the fourth notice, the account will be locked. No further notices will be sent, but the item remains on your account until returned.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
The first Wednesday of the month, LEGO club from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. There is also a weekly pre-school story time on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. LEGO Architects meet on the third Wednesday of the month from 4 p.m.-5 p.m. Hi-Tech Tuesdays is a STEM program that meets Tuesdays from 4 p.m.-5 p.m. (except school holidays and breaks)
It is always best to contact the library in regards to programming as it may change.
10. Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
Yes, an option exists that allows one to set up a 4 digit pin that will allow access to the Army Europe Library online. From there one can download e-books or e-audio to every type of E-reader (i.e.: IPad, Nook, Tablets, Kindle, etc.). Pamphlets are available with step-by-step instructions on how to set up an E-reader.
- Summer Reading
Patch Library’s Summer Reading Program happens every summer. We have weekly activities and hold a drawing for a $1,000 travel card. Stay tuned for details about this year's program.
|Monday||10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|