- Open During COVID-19
We are now accepting requests via the EMAIL US option above. Patrons can place orders for up to 10 items per card. There is currently NO Inter-library Loan (ILL) service, so you are not able to place holds online. You can only request items currently located inside the Patch Library. For a list of titles available at our Stuttgart Branch please go to
https://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com/search~S102 and select Stuttgart from the drop menu in the upper right corner to narrow your search.
Orders will be processed Tuesday - Friday in the morning and each patron will receive a confirmation email with a time for pick up between 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. The drop box is open to return your items.
In your email request:
- We need your full name as it appears on your ID card to find your account.
- You will need to provide both the title and call number of the items you'd like to request.
- If you are ordering for a family member put their name(s) at the top of their list.
- Have a time preference for pickup? Include that information on your email
- No walk-in service.
- You must wear a face mask when visiting the facility.
* If you have received notification that you have a hold waiting for you (prior to Inter-Library Loan ILL service being suspended) inform the Library. The hold will not count against your 10 items.
- About Us
Army Libraries offer a wide range of services worldwide. As a patron of the libraries, you and your Family have access* to:
- Books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Downloadable content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic, and eMovies
- Online databases for research and homework help
- Computer stations with Internet
- Personalized help with your questions
- Events, classes, and storytimes
- Summer reading clubs and books discussion groups
- Meeting or study rooms
- Copy and print services
Register for an account at your nearest library, or if you are deployed in a remote location, please see the Army Libraries Web site to learn more about services. After registering, you can use our catalog to manage your account. My Account allows you to renew and request books, access online content, create wish lists, write reviews, and request books while deployed.
* Note: some services may not be available at all locations.
- Largest collection in Europe with more than 80,000 items
- Patron self-checkout
- Downloadable content such as e-books, e-audio books, music, and videos
- Free computer lab with 21 computers, all with limited internet access (personal email sites are blocked) and printing up to 10 pages per day, per patron
- Access to more than 50 subscription databases
- Free WiFi throughout the library
- Large multi-purpose room which can be reserved or is open for homework or group projects
- Reading and work areas throughout the library
- Teen’s area with tables, chairs, and bean bag lounges and an extensive Young Adult collection
Not sure how to download our content to your e-reader? Just stop by or give us a call! We have detailed instructions for all types of e-readers and portable devices. If you are interested in items not currently found on our shelves, we will be happy to locate them for you through the Army Europe Libraries Inter-library Loan program with more than 20 participating libraries in Europe.
Would you rather access our databases from the comfort of your own home? Would you like to place holds and renew your checked out items? If so, ask us about setting up an online account!
- Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in volunteering in our USAG Stuttgart Libraries?
Please visit the Patch Library to learn more about our volunteer opportunities, or contact us via email at email@example.com.
- Army Europe Libraries
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get to the library website?
Clicking on the link for Stuttgart Library located on the left of the page will take you to the Stuttgart MWR Library page: https://stuttgart.armymwr.com/programs/patch-library
2. How do I become a library cardholder?
During COVID-19, contact us via the “email us” link on the Stuttgart MWR Library page. We can set up a temporary account for you so that you can access our digital content.
3. Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
THERE IS CURRENTLY A LIMIT OF 10 ITEMS PER CARD/ACCOUNT.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CD’s together?
5. How long may I check items out for?
Books, audio books, and CD’s have a 3 week check out.
TV series have a 2 week check out.
Movies and video games have a 1 week check out.
6. Can I order items from other libraries?
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED.
7. What happens if I lose a library item?
Contact the librarian at the owning library to be given a title to purchase as replacement. It will be either a new identical purchased copy or a similar item of equal value. Items must be submitted with the sales receipt.
8. How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
When registering for your new library account we ask for an e-mail. Our system sends information, whether to inform on an overdue item or the arrival of a requested item. After the fourth notice, the account will be locked. No further notices will be sent, but the item remains on your account until returned.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
ALL LIBRARY PROGRAMMING IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED.
10. Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
Yes, an option exists that allows one to set up a 4 digit pin that will allow access to the Army Europe Library online. From there one can download e-books or e-audio to every type of E-reader (i.e.: IPad, Nook, Tablets, Kindle, etc.). Pamphlets are available with step-by-step instructions on how to set up an E-reader.
- Summer Reading
Patch Library’s Summer Reading Program happens every summer. We have weekly activities and hold a drawing for a $1,000 travel card. Stay tuned for details about this year's program.
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Due to the COVID-19 situation the Patch Library is offering Digital Story Time.
Watch them here or on the TV using your Youtube App. Find these and more at Stuttgart Family and MWR: