- Quilting and sewing
- Jewelry making
- Kid’s Crafts
- Fine arts
- Pottery painting
- Matting and framing
- Photo printing
- Helium balloons
- Laser engraving
- Policies & Procedures During COVID-19
During this time of COVID-19 we are offering the following:
- Classes, Private Lessons, & Do It Yourself (DIY) Crafts (sewing, quilting and framing by appointment only)
- Retail merchandise
- Take home ceramics
- Framing/engravings for pick up
- All sales final
- Patrons must wash their hands prior to entering the facility.
- Credit card transactions only. No cash accepted.
- Facility limited to 4 customers at one time (This may impact DIY opportunities). Each shopper will have their own cart.
- All shoppers must have a DOD ID to make a purchase.
- Customers are required to wear face mask inside the facility in accordance with Garrison policy. Masks are not required for children ages 2 and under.
- Facility now open to all patrons (including children).
- "No-touch Shopping" - Only touch items you are going to purchase.
- Elastic limited to 2 yards per person. Staff will pull and cut all fabric, ribbons and balloons.
- Photo Printing
Stop by and print out your favorite photos:
3 in. x 5 in. $0.50 4 in. x 6 in. $1 5 in. x 7 in. $2 6 in. x 8 in. $3 8 in. x 10 in. $5 8 in x 12 in. $5.50 11 in. x 14 in. $10 12 in. x 16 in. $12 12 in. x 36 in. $15
- Course Catalog and Registration
The Arts & Crafts Center offers a wide variety of classes. Please register in advance for all classes to avoid cancellation. Current classes consist of:
- Youth Sewing 1
- Youth Sewing 2
- Youth Sewing 3 (changing project monthly)
- Beginning Crochet
- Bottle Slumping
- Adult Painting
- Kids Crafts (painting, clay, sand art)
- Introduction to Quilting
- Long Arm Sewing
All classes are listed on the MWR web calendar.
To register for current classes, You can also stop by the Patch Arts and Crafts Center or call. We can register and take payment over the phone.
Classes that have not minimum enrollment, 48 prior to scheduled date are subject to cancellation.
- Frame Shop
The Patch and Kelley Arts & Crafts Centers both offer a self-help framing class designed to give you the ability to frame your artwork like the pros. In class you will learn how to choose molding and mat colors, how to measure, how to cut and build your frame, how to cut glass, and how to fit all the pieces together. Bring a piece of artwork around 8 x 10.” Materials not included. Classes are by appointment.
- Laser Engraving
Bring your own materials to engrave on or use ours. Price quotes available by stopping by or calling.
Commercial: +49 (0)711-680-5435
- Helium Balloons
The Patch Arts and Crafts Center has a large selection of latex and foil balloons for all occasions (birthday, graduation, new baby, Mother's Day, Father's Day). We can also blow up balloons purchased elsewhere. For speed and convenience, we recommend pre-ordering/droping your balloons off in advance.
Want your balloons to last longer, consider adding HI-Float. Hi Float is a balloon treatment that forms a coating inside latex balloons that greatly reduces helium loss. A single application to can keep a balloon aloft up to 25 times longer!
- Pottery Bar
Join us any time the Patch Arts & Crafts Center is open to paint pottery in the Pottery Bar. Great for Families, birthday parties, and get-togethers.
All associated fees (glazes, studio time, firing fees) are included in the price of the ceramic piece. Your first time to visit the Pottery Bar No extra fees! For your first visit to the Pottery Bar a team member will show you the ropes and get you on your way.
- Contractors & Volunteers
The Stuttgart Arts and Crafts Centers are always looking for volunteer or contracted instructors. We are currently seeking a stained glass instructor and someone who loves paper crafting to teach classes such as rubber stamping, lettering, scrapbooking and mixed media. For additional information and to set up an appointment, please contact us.
- Birthday Parties and Special Events
Make your birthday, baby shower, farewell, etc. special with the Arts & Crafts Center! The Patch Arts and Crafts Center can make your party special. Rent our craft room for your next event. You can design your own crafting activity or hire one of our staff to instruct your group. Frequent requests include:
- Custom acrylic painting
- Ceramic painting
- No-sew blankets
- Special requests
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a cancellation fee for programs?
Cancel 48 hours prior to event for full refund. Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to scheduled event results in forfeiture of all funds.
2. What classes/programs/services do you offer?
We offer a variety of classes, such as sewing, quilting, scrap-booking, framing, pottery, photography and basket weaving.
3. Is there an age restriction?
All classes are age specific and noted. Instructors may authorize younger children, if an adult agrees to assist.
4. May I have my artwork shipped to me?
If you have any artwork to be framed or otherwise, we do not offer shipping.
5. What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, check, or charge. Euros are not accepted.
6. What is the earliest/latest you may sign up for a program?
Once the class is announced you can sign up. Sign-up ends a week before the class date, unless otherwise stated.
7. How can you become a contracted instructor?
Contact the Arts & Crafts office for a contractor packet.
8. How long does pottery take to be fired and glazed?
Approximately three weeks from start to finish.
9. How much do classes/programs/services cost?
Costs vary. Contact the Patch Arts and Crafts Center for current pricing.
10. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
Contact the Arts & Crafts office for information.
11. Do you have quilting equipment available for customer use?
Yes, after a training class you will be qualified to use our equipment as a self-helper.
12. Do you offer custom framing?
Yes, we can custom frame your project or you can become a "self-framer", after a certification course. Class availability is posted on the webpage. Once certified, one can use our facilities as a self-helper and avoid the labor fees.
13. What type of art supplies do you sell? Can you order certain items if they are not available in the store?
Fine Arts, sewing, crafting, scrap booking, etc. Please check with associates for items not currently sold as most items can be ordered through our distributors.
14. Do you have a delivery option for your balloon services?
This is a service that is currently unavailable.
The Patch Arts and Crafts Center is your mini Michaels in Germany. Facility usage is open to all Servicemembers, Families, Retirees, and DoD Civilians. The Patch Arts & Crafts Center offers classes, supplies and studio space for:
Activities exist for people of all skills levels, and friendly, knowledgeable staff are ready to help bring your creative ideas to life. Patch Arts and Crafts Centers offer modern equipment, supplies for purchase and monthly workshops and classes in a variety of subjects.
The Patch Arts and Crafts Centers also service your framing, engraving, and special recognition needs. Honor a Servicemember, Spouse, or Special Person with engraved gifts and customized products.