About CYS Services

Welcome to CYS

Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:

  • Full, part time or hourly child care
  • Before/after school care
  • Camps
  • Programs for your middle school and teen youth
  • Instructional classes
  • Workforce preparation opportunities
  • Sports and fitness activities 

Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:

  • Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
  • Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
  • Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
  • Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.

The Army FCC Program is a child care option offered in homes both on and off post by authorized Military Family members and qualified civilians working as independent contractors.Family Child Care has unique qualities that make it the preferred choice for families. FCC Homes provide flexible hours and comfortable family settings. Most offer full-day, part-day, and hourly care. Special services may include 24-hour and long-term care during mobilization and training exercises, evening and weekend care, care for newborns, children with special needs, and those that are mildly ill.The FCC Program, as an integral part of the larger Army CYS system, is responsible for significant number of all available child care spaces.FCC homes provide a homelike atmosphere and provide opportunities for siblings to be in care together.The same regulations and safety guidelines enforced in CYS Services childcare centers apply to FCC homes. All providers have regular safety, fire and regulation compliance inspections, and once a month, a FCC staff member conducts a visit to each FCC home, ensuring a high-quality, safe and developmentally appropriate atmosphere for the children. Providers and family members 12 years of age and over are vetted through a stringent background investigation to include FBI and National Agency checks (CNACI).Family Child Care also offers a 15% cost savings for patrons over Child Development and School Age Center fees.

Find a Family Child Care Office near you.

Army Policy requires that if you provide care on a regular basis for more than 10 hours per week, you must be registered as an FCC Provider. Providing unauthorized care places you at risk of losing your housing privileges.Not all care is immediately available. To access our waitlist and request care, please go to www.militarychildcare.com.

Careers in Family Child Care- becoming a provider.Family Child Care (FCC) is looking for new providers to become a part of our team. FCC allows you to earn an income while staying at home with your own children. Providers are contractors, so they own their own business. Becoming part of the FCC system leads to a long-lasting career and continuing opportunities for professional growth.You’re helped to become successful through ongoing training opportunities. You have access to toys, equipment, and safety items from the FCC Toy Lending Resource Library. You’re mentored by Staff members and other Providers. And you receive monetary subsidies linked to the type of care you offer. Providers make an average of $30,000 a year or more.

If you are interested in becoming a Provider or just learning more about the program, please contact your local  FCC office.

Hours of Operation - Parent Central Services

Monday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
U.S. Holidays Closed


Patch Barracks
Bldg. 2347

+49 (0)711-680-7480 or +49 (0)711-680-7488

Military DSN Tel:

Write an ICE comment

Attention Customers: 

Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., customers will be seen by appointment only.

Monday - Friday, 1 - 5 p.m., walk-ins are welcome.

The last customer for new or re-registration will be seen at 4 p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. My child is on medication; can he/she bring the medication with him/her to school?

For medications carried and/or administered at school, contact the school nurse for information and instructions.

If your child requires medication during CYS Services programs, please disclose this information when registering with CYS. CYS staff will provide you with necessary supporting documentation (including forms required for host nation medication) to assure the safe administration of medication in our programs. Prescribed rescue medications such as EpiPen, Albuterol inhaler, and Benadryl must be present at all times in the facility or program. All CYS staff receive medication administration training annually.

2. My child cannot be immunized due to medical or religious beliefs. What can I do about immunization requirements?

Visit your school nurse to make a religious or medical waiver request.

3. What happens if there is an unplanned school closure?

It depends on the reason for the school closure. Under normal circumstances, the School Age Centers will be available for care. If there is an unexpected closure, please listen to AFN Stuttgart and consult the Garrison Facebook page for closure details.

4. Is there an age requirement for enrolling in Kindergarten?

Yes. Students must be five years of age on for before Sept. 1. Cut-off for grade one is six years of age on or before Sept. 1.

5. My child is quite advanced and just missed the age cut-off date for Kindergarten. May I request an evaluation to waive the cut-off?

DoDEA will not provide an evaluation to ow a student to waive the cut-off requirement.

6. Where can I get information on the directors and management staff?

Call or email the contact information listed on the CYS Web pages.

7. Where do I find the program center?

When registering and enrolling your child(ren) in a program, Parent Central Services staff will answer your questions on what the program is about, where it is located, what time it starts and ends, and additional questions, as needed.

8. How do I register my child with CYS Services?

Register in person at Parent Central Services. Required documentation includes updated shot records, the sponsor’s Social Security Number, LES or pay stubs, and two local emergency contacts. Parents have 30 days to bring in records or a physical completed within the last 12 months and a Family Care Plan (if applicable). Additional documentation is needed for special needs to extenuating health circumstances.

9. Is childcare only available on post?

CYS Services childcare is only available on post.

10. How much do the different programs cost?

The cost of each program is determined by total family income. To determine your family’s total family income, please visit Parent Central Services with the most recent LES or pay stub for anyone working in your household.

11. How do I know which school my child will attend?

The school your child attends is determined by your physical residence. You can obtain a school zone map from the School Liaison Office.

12. How do I register my child for a school on a different installation than my home installation?

You must first enroll at the school in your zone, then you can request an Exception to Feeder from the school registrar at your child’s current school. The form will then be sent to both school principals and the district school office for approval/disapproval. Approval is dependent on space available at your child’s grade level.

13. Do buses take children both on and off-post?

Yes, DoDDS school buses take children both on and off-post. If you child is attending the school in the zone where you live, he/she is eligible for transportation through DoDDS.

14. My family is currently in temporary lodging and we do not ha permanent housing yet. Which school will my child attend?

Enroll your child in the school zone where your lodging is located. Once you find permanent housing, you will have the option to keep your child at his/her current school, or transition to the school in your new zone. Panzer Hotel is one exception. Elementary school students staying at the Panzer Hotel can enroll in either Stuttgart or Patch Elementary, both located on Panzer Kaserne.

15. What type of state testing is conducted?

DoDDS students take Terra Nova testing annually for grades 3 – 9. This is a norm-referenced test which compares your child results to all students throughout the nation.

16. Where do I submit my free/reduced lunch application?

Completed free/reduced lunch applications are submitted to the School Liaison Officer for processing.