Arts & Crafts Center - Kelley
- Policies & Procedures during COVID-19
- This facility will be limited to 5 woodworkers at a time.
- Reservations are recommended, walk-ins will be accommodated as space allows.
- Customers must wear masks and must disinfect/wipe their assigned area before and after use.
- The safety course to utilize Woodworking equipment is offered on Mondays, 6-8 p.m., by appointment.
- Our Classes
The Kelley Arts & Crafts Center offers much more than just woodworking:
- Pottery - DIY Only
- Self-help crafting needs
Woodshop safety classes (by appointment only) are offered free of charge on Monday evenings from 6 - 8 p.m. except on U.S. holidays. A one-time fee of $50 is required upon receipt of the “Qualification Card" for use of Arts & Crafts Center equipment. This fee allows the user to utilize the woodshop equipment without any time restrictions. Once you take the class, the facility is available to you for a very small project fee calculated on the number of board feet purchased. For added convenience we stock a large variety of quality lumber, both soft and hard woods, that you can purchase for your projects.
The Patch and Kelley Arts & Crafts Centers both offer a self-help framing class designed to give you the ability to frame your artwork like the pros. In class you will learn how to choose molding and mat colors, how to measure, how to cut and build your frame, how to cut glass, and how to fit all the pieces together. Bring a piece of artwork around 8" x 10". Materials not included. Classes are by appointment.
Have you always wanted to learn how to "throw" pottery on the wheel? Stop by the Kelley Arts and Crafts Center and ask about having a two-hour personal pottery class. Wheels and kilns are available to use during regular shop hours. Kelley Arts and Crafts is currently seeking a pottery instructor.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a cancellation fee for programs?
2. What classes/programs/services do you offer?
- Wood Safety Class
- Pottery Class-Seeking an instructor
- Framing Class
- Custom made German & Africa plaques
- Small furniture repairs (broken chairs, refinish tables)
- Repair frames and build frames
3. Is there an age restriction?
Yes, the minimum age is 18 years to take the safety course and use the heavy machinery. Youth can use hand tools under active adult supervision.
4. May I have my artwork shipped to me?
This service is not provided.
5. What forms of payment are accepted?
Kelley Arts and Crafts is credit card only.
6. What is the earliest/latest you may sign up for a program?
Wood Safety Class: By appointment only.
Pottery and Framing Class: must register at least three days prior to class.
7. How can you become a contracted instructor?
Contact the Patch Arts & Crafts Center by calling DSN 596-4061/CIV 09641-70-596-40618.
8. How long does pottery take to be fired and glazed?
About 6-10 days.
9. How much do classes/programs/services cost?
- Wood Safety Class: Free
- Pottery Class: $50
- Framing Class: $60
- Wood-working Fee: $50 (using wood working equipment onetime fee)
- Repair Fee: $25 for 1 hour (repair chairs, refinish tables)
- Cut Wood: with assistance $ 0.50 each cut
- Frame Fee: depends on dimensions of project
10. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
See Question #7.
11. Do you have quilting equipment available for customer use?
12. Do you offer custom framing?
13. What type of art supplies do you sell? Can you order certain items if they are not available in the store?
Only raw lumber and clay. Any other supplies can be purchased at the Patch Arts & Crafts Center.
14. Do you make banners?
This is a service that is currently unavailable.
15. Do you have a delivery option for your balloon services?
Balloons are available from the Patch Arts and Crafts Center.
|Monday||2 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||2 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Sunday||11 a.m. - 5 p.m.|